SINE is a national Network for education professionals seeking to ensure that they support diverse learners in their classrooms and schools by delivering education services in ways that uphold the principles of inclusive education – both as an educational practice and a human right.
The Network provides a closed Facebook group where educators can connect, collaborate and support one another to initiate, develop and strengthen inclusive educational practices within their school communities and their broader education systems.
Featured content from this fortnight:
- During the past fortnight it was Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) awareness week. On average 2 children in every classroom will experience DLD. Great information and resources can be found here.
- A resource on Managing Cognitive Load Through Effective Presentations
- 🎧 NEW PODCAST EPISODE FROM JULIE CAUSTON
- 👥 HOW TO CHOOSE A CO-TEACHING MODEL
- 💰 NEW NEEDS BASED FUNDING MODEL IN TAS and in NSW
- Discussion about examples of Co-teaching methods. This YouTube channel demonstrates the 6 methods in practice.
- ❓Effective Questioning in the Classroom podcast
- 👍Strategies to Assist Children with ADHD in the Classroom podcast
- 😎Improving Learning and Behaviour by Engaging Students podcast
- 💥QUT INCLUSIVE EDUCATION FORUM the forum is currently sold out, but you can add yourself to the waiting list. The forum will be recorded and made available approximately a week later.
- Al’s Story is a great example of how inclusive education can be achieved!
If you are an Australian educator who is committed to inclusive education, we’d love for you join the SINE Network!